MMMMMmmmmm…I can’t WAIT to try this. My mom always makes a tomato/feta salad during the summer months, but I am just not a fan of feta at all, especially the feta that I find here in the US. It’s hard and salty and just blah, not to mention the obvious not vegan aspect. I really don’t know why tofu/tomato salad hadn’t occurred to me before but my mouth is already watering thinking about this! I got rid of the dried basil cause really there is nothing like fresh basil with tomatoes, and even if you don’t have a cute herb garden (like me!!) fresh basil is pretty easy to find in the grocery store. :)
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu, cut into small cubes and dabbed dry
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 15 cherry tomatoes (or so), halved or quartered
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place tofu in a bowl with shallots, then add oil, lemon juice, and vinegar. Let marinate for 30 min or so. Add tomatoes and herbs, and season to taste. Mix well and serve.
Found on VeganDad (which is quickly becoming a favorite new source for vegan meal ideas)
Making this tonight!!! Gonna get me a baguette from Allechante and whip this salad up and have myself a feast!!! WOOOHOOO IT’S 5PM ON FRIDAY!!!
You know that scene from ELF when he is eating the Spaghetti the morning after moving in, with chocolate sauce, m&ms and syrup- the face he makes when he takes the first bite and bobs up and down in his seat…that is what I’d look like eating this.